Saturday, November 24, 2012

Welcome


This is a blog about food. More specifically, it’s about foods that I have cooked and/or consumed. Poor-quality photos may accompany some posts. If we’re friends on Facebook, you may be seeing some photos that you have already encountered in the past—sorry about that, but
By way of introduction (culinary-wise), here is a short list of chefs and food writers whose works I find useful, influential, and well-written:
  • Julia Child
  • Nigella Lawson
  • Lidia Bastianich
  • Sara Moulton
  • Deb Perelman (author of Smitten Kitchen)
Here is a list of people and publications that I have a rather love-hate relationship with:
  • Cook’s Illustrated
  • Alice Waters
  • The Silver Palate Cookbook
  • Anthony Bourdain
  • Alton Brown
  • Ina Garten (aka Barefoot Contessa)

And here is a short list of food personalities who make me reflexively change the channel:
  • Sandra Lee
  • Paula Deen and her extended family
  • Fanny Cradock (she terrifies me; search on YouTube if you want a good scare)
  • Guy Fieri
As we go along, I’ll be mentioning success and failures in the kitchen, my various and idiosyncratic food likes and dislikes, and other stuff that happens to cross my mind. Bon appetít, y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment